Wednesday, August 11, 2010

wee story

chapter 1 (part of it)

She was positively unremarkable in every sense. She had simple straight blond hair, while also being of a completely normal in height, the only thing that was even close to remarkable was her gifted size when it came to her, uh, eyes. Her large eyes. At least, I thought that was all that was remarkable and special about her. I was proved very wrong as I walked by her and felt the uncommon, and horribly terrifying attraction to her. She was far from ordinary, very far from it, she was something that is one of the few things I fear; she was a Mystic.

Allow me to explain. It is quite necessary for this journal to reveal the truth to the world, and explain how all of this came to be, in a way that makes sense beyond the normal way of rationalizing everything. Now I live in the same world as all of you who will read this, except I am aware and part of a world that is one of myth, or of so called myths. There are gods, demons, and creatures of which science and logic have no rational explanation. People of powers, or myth and lore with great powers and more, or their children, those are the people (or in some cases beings) that have the title “Mystic” and lived in a side of the world that everyone else pretends is just stories.

All of it is real. Then to top it off between all of us who have not had our energy sealed (Or aura, life force, soul, chi, chakra, or whatever you wish to call it) we give off a small distinctive force, something that is just innately recognized, the “attraction”. To offset this and prevent anyone who wishes Mystics ill will (super humans are not well treated) we have our energy sealed when it starts to reveal itself, and us, around the age we come into puberty. Usually the sealing is done by a parent or someone trusted.

Yet this girl had her energy flaring, vibrant, and strong. She was much too old to be letting it flare that strong, yet it was powerful enough to act as a beacon of sorts. She was much too old -- and powerful-- to let that kind of energy be out in the open.

I did the only thing I could do in a situation like that. I went up to her with a smile and tapped her shoulder. As she turned to look at me I saw that she had a round face with two small dark blue eyes, and tightly pursed pair of lips, and a small nose to compliment her overall smallness. Turning her gaze up towards me, then in a remarkably normal voice questioned, “Yes?”

Looking to her I held out a hand and introduced myself, “I am Ernesto Dii, and I thought I have seen you around before, and I wanted to know if you would mind going to get a cup of coffee with me.”

She looked at me strangely, which was to be expected. Deep in thought she was considering it thoughtfully, which I had found quite irritating to wait for. Finally I cracked and to speed it up I slowly concentrated and let some of my energy leak out to alert her to what I really was. Her eyes lit up in sudden recognition and fear, though she tried hard to hide it.

Trying vainly she started to pull away, but I grabbed her shoulder lightly, “I am not here to hurt you, I just want to talk,” I told her simply, then gave a small bow, “And I do want to get you some coffee.”

No comments: